Friday, February 10, 2006

Dedicated to SIBM who created a literate monster

Dedicated to SIBM who created a literate monster that is me, and my friends who helped me all along throughout my stint at SIBM.

Writing is just not my forte, but being jobless after CRP’s really inspired me to make use of my laptop to capture my moments of laughter and tears at SIBM.

I really cant believe the way things change as well as people, I remember the 1st day we met in Delhi, 9 of us in CCD, we chatted actually that is a bit of lie, we listened to Api who was speaking nonstop ;), and right from the beginning I knew I will have to compete with chatterboxes like her throughout the 2 years of my MBA but thanks to PAT she became invisible. (Tough for her form but yes she did ;) ).

Thanks to r seniors and the yahoo group that we had, I met my roomies online. And my journey began full swing.

The 1st day of induction at Vishvabhawan the guys were coming inside the hall one by one, and one by one my hopes of finding someone special, after the last break up I had were crushed, rather flushed!!!!. My friends and I were just trying to console each other and suddenly spotted 2 of the hottest guys (actually andho me kana raja at sibm) who grabbed r attention and we were relieved.

The days just flew by, with Shivaram Apte’s cases and other assignments, burning the night oil became the motto of life. 1 year just passed and when all of us got back to college after summer’s people had found meaningful groups, I guess 2 mahine ki judaai ne maar daala ;) and we saw a spring of convenience relationships so called good friends ;) getting together here and there.

Junior’s joined us, another batch of intelligent morons to join SIBM for education and guess what, there also we had no luck; seniors were disappointed as these people didn’t like to look beyond their books. That resulted in a total decrease in the no of batch parties, an insult to what our positioning was ;), thanks to junior’s “things changed”. The last thing that absolutely broke my heart was “NO CAMPUS BLAH”, the walls of r loo’s were shouting and missing their best friend which helped their boring selves and so and so of SIBM’s glitterati get popular. There wasn’t enough meat to put down on paper’s after the fresher’s what could the BLAH team do?

Months came and went by and CRP rush began, with the slotting in our hands all of us were talking about just one thing, “ECONOMY IS BOOMING AND HARDLY TOUCHING SIBM” but thanks to PAT they fought against it and proved it wrong, to our relief.

With ppts, G.D’s and interview’s the big fight started, it was the worst and the best phase of my life at SIBM, and I do get a li’ll senti when I think about it, so reader’s just bear.

The season actually helped me in creating better bonds with few friends specially my flat and classmates, we competed with each other but we were there with each other to boost our morale every morning. I would like to grab the opportunity to thank everyone now, and I also realized that u can never be as happy for your own achievement as when you see your best friends achieve.

After placements now we r a herd of highly jobless people with jobs.

I really question at times whether I deserve the job that I grabbed, with 2 years of full masti and frolic at SIBM, with hardly reading about power and labour reforms, and with hardly even working 30% of what my finance counterparts did, I question my worthiness of the job that I got. Thanks to my interviewer he saw the potential ;)

Lastly if I ask myself what I really learnt at SIBM, I would say the following, with due respect to my MBA couldn’t avoid bullet point ;)
(This sounds like globe gyaan so just beware)

• I learnt to question every situation I was exposed to, be it the boring lectures or the sleeping professor’s who used to put us back to sleep
• I learnt to stand up to what I really wanted from life and believed in, from fighting with the management to remove nonsense e-learning to questioning the president about the lunatic PAT interview’s, I have done it all.
• I learnt that if you have faith in what you do and what you can do no one, I repeat no one can really stop you from achieving your goals and off course your dreams.

This is what I got from SIBM a place where I know I belong, a degree which can help me earn because in this world everything gets down to “papi pet” and off course a li’ll below that too, but filhal let’s not talk about the latter;)

I know now that keeping 2 (options) in the bush is better than keeping one in hand ;), though I didn’t have much luck there but I do see few of you with full brimming smiles.
I have spent 2 years here learning just this, is a shame for the 180000 bucks that I spent here leaving behind other expenses, but yes off course how can I forget the other gifts of SIBM which was paid in kind, in the form of my friends, few others of the same MBA clan, total dogs and bitches though, I know I can fall back on them for the rest of my life, atleast on 6 of my best friends here. Out of 160 just 6 the ratio sucks!!!! but that’s SIBM. A place which teaches you to kill everyone if the need be for your development.

I will become an alumnus of SIBM in few months but a part of me will still be here, probably outside the room no 13, checking the notice board’s or, outside the council rooms trying to just check whether people really work or just claim ;), or probably in room no 9 my marketing class or just having a double special in ncc.

That’s SIBM my Institute and I am definitely gonna miss the 4 storey building and the people who made my 2 years very very special and unforgettable.

Shweta Kujur
MBA II (mktng)

1 Comments:

  • MBA is never to learn anything... but to make urself into a leader and the rest of the pack in to followers... It's all about the first experience of rising to the top...
    No difference exists in any of the MBA colleges...Same old boring profs, same ppt's and all... but it your ur ability to rise to the top that determines anyone reach to the summit...

    Adios...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home